Creamy Pancetta Rice
- 8 servings
Courtesy of USA Rice
Grand Prize Winning Recipe from 1,400 entries judged by the USA Rice Federation.
- ½ lb (250 g) trimmed pancetta, diced*
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 ¾ cups (425 ml) half-and-half cream
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked USA rice
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped pistachios
- ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
*Lean bacon may be substituted for pancetta. (Cook according to package directions.)
- 355 calories;
- 13 grams protein;
- 15 g fat;
- 44 g carbohydrate;
- 3 g dietary fibre;
- 34 mg cholesterol;
- 823 mg sodium.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pancetta and onion until onion begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add cream; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Add cooked rice, cranberries, pistachios, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended.