Roasted Cauliflower and Grapes with Almonds
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) fresh basil, julienned (optional)
- 1 small head of cauliflower (3-4 cups of florets)
- 1 heaping cup (250 ml+) red seedless California grapes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml+) coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml+) cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) shredded Parmesan
Recipe created by Marisa Moore, MBA, RDN, LD.
This is a Gluten-free, clean-eating and vegetarian recipe
Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets.Toss the cauliflower, grapes and garlic with the olive oil on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Toss again. (Take care to avoid crowding the pan.) Separate cauliflower and grapes.
Roast cauliflower 20-25 minutes or until tender and caramelized. Stir once. Add grapes in after 10 minutes of roasting.
Remove from the oven and stir in the almonds. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
*As the size of a head of cauliflower head will vary, this recipe doesn’t have to be exact. Be sure to add enough olive oil to coat all pieces.