Bold & Spicy Walnuts
- 4 cups
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 4 cups (1L) California walnut halves, about 1 lb (500g)
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) coarse salt
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) cumin
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
Preheat oven to 325 F (160 C).
In large bowl, whisk together egg white and water until foamy. Add walnuts and mix until all nuts are coated; drain excess liquid.
In small bowl, combine sugar, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Stir in dry ingredients until walnuts are evenly coated.
Spread on non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring twice, until nuts are lightly browned. Allow to cool on baking sheet. Nuts will become dry and crispy as they cool. Store in air-tight container.