Gingered Japanese Watermelon Salad
- 6 - 8 servings
Courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
- 6 oz (180 g) baby spinach leaves, cut into strips
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded carrots, blanched and cooled
- 3 cups (750 mL) small cubes of seedless watermelon
- 1 cup (250 mL) Japanese-style ginger dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) toasted sliced almonds
In an 8 x 11 inch (20 x 28 cm) serving dish, layer the spinach on the bottom, then the carrots and the watermelon on top.
Pour the dressing over the top and sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.