Baby Kale Salad with Raisins, Pine Nuts and Gouda
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) golden balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mild honey (such as tupelo)
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 5 oz (142 g) Earthbound Farm Organic Kale
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Earthbound Farm Organic Raisins
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pine nuts, toasted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Aged Gouda or Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved, for garnish
Some people prefer the look of light-coloured golden raisins to the dark colour of organic Thompson or Red Flame raisins; you can use any variety of raisins interchangeably here.
Combine the vinegars, oil, honey and salt in a small glass jar, seal tightly, and shake vigorously to combine. Set the dressing aside at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks (be sure to return it to room temperature before using).
Place the kale in a large salad bowl. Just before serving, add the dressing, tossing to coat the leaves. Add the raisins and pine nuts, and toss again. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer the salad to individual plates or serve in the bowl, garnished with shavings of cheese.