Salmon Cakes with California Raisins and Cucumber Relish
- 2 1/2 Cups potatoes, peeled, halved,
- 1 Cup Salmon, poached, cooled, and flaked.
- 1 Cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 2/3 Cup skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 tsp minced smoked salmon
- 1 Tablespoon chopped capers
- 5 Teaspoons chopped chives
- 5 Teaspoons chopped dill
- 1 Teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 1/4 Cups diced seedless cucumbers
- 1 Cup tomato concassé
- 1/3 Cup California raisins
- 1/2 Cup diced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced jalapeño or red pepper flakes
- 4 Teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
Serves: 10 | Serving Size: 2 cakes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 23%); Total Fat 6 ( Saturated Fat 1; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 15; Sodium 177; Potassium 490; Total Carbohydrate 41; Dietary Fiber 3; Sugars 4; Protein 11; Calcium 56; Iron 2.
Simmer the potatoes in water until tender. Drain and place the potatoes on a sheet pan in a warm over to steam dry, about 5 minutes.
Pureé the hot potates using a ricer or food mill. Allow the potatoes to cool to room temperature and combine with the remaining salmon cake ingredients. Form into 20 small cakes.
To prepare the cucumber relish, toss the relish ingredients together. Drain any excess liquid from the relish and reserve it to toss with mixed greens. For each portion, cook 2 cakes in a preheated seasoned skillet until golden brown on each side, about 8 minutes.
Serve the salmon cakes with approximately a tablespoon of cucumber relish.