Peach and Goat Cheese Bruschetta Toasts
- 30 Serves
Courtesy of the California Cling Peach Board
- 1 baguette, cut into ½ inch (1 cm) rounds (about 30 slices)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, one finely chopped, one halved
- 2 cans (14 oz / 398 mL each) California Cling Sliced Peaches, drained and patted dry, chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) fresh basil leaves, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz (120 g) goat cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cream cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
Brush bottom and tops of baguette rounds lightly with 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil. Arrange rounds evenly a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, 5 minutes per side, flipping once during baking.
Remove toasts from oven and rub cut sides of garlic over each slice of toast. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, chopped garlic, sliced peaches, red onion and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss ingredients gently to coat.
In a food processor, combine goat cheese and cream cheese; whip for one minute or until mixture is smooth. Spread a layer of goat cheese mixture on each baguette round.
Top toasts with bruschetta, dividing equally among slices.