Easy Mixed California Olive Tapenade
- 5 minutes
- 8 – 10 servings
- 1 (6 ounce/180 g) can each California green and black olives, drained and rinsed (Approximately 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) altogether)
- 2 tbsps. (30 ml) Capers
- 2 tbsps. (30 ml) Marinated Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 large clove Garlic or 2 small, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) dried Oregano
- 4 tbsps. (60 ml) Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice about 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tbsps. (30 ml) Olive Oil
- Coarse Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
In the bowl of a food processor, add the olives, capers, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, and black pepper.
For a relish, pulse a few times, then scrape down the bowl. Pulse a few more times, and the relish will be ready.
For a spreadable tapenade, process until a paste is formed, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times.