Crunchy Fennel, Napa Cabbage and Peanut Slaw
- 15 minutes
- 8 servings
You’ll love the taste of crispy cabbage paired with the mild licorice flavour of fennel. Crunchy peanuts add the final touch.
Courtesy of the American Peanut Council
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded napa cabbage, packed
- ½ fennel bulb
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small carrot
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) peanuts, preferably toasted
Place cabbage in a large bowl. Trim fennel and core red pepper, then very thinly slice both. Coarsely grate carrot using the big holes on a box grater. Add fennel, red pepper and carrot to the cabbage. Add mint and toss. (If making salad in advance, add mint and peanuts just before serving.).
Whisk vinegar with sugar, Dijon, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil until blended. Add to coleslaw and toss with peanuts. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate up to 2 hours.