- 8 peachsicles
Have fun with your kids and make these easy frozen fruit treats, (that drip much less than most!) together year round. .
Courtesy of the California Cling Peach Board
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) California Cling sliced peaches or peach halves, in light syrup or fruit juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- 4 tsp (20 mL) lemon juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ginger or nutmeg
- ½ cup (125 mL) vanilla yogurt, preferably thick Greek-style
- 8 small paper cups or popsicle containers
- 8 wooden sticks (optional)
Drain peaches then place in a food processor or blender along with honey, lemon juice, vanilla and ginger or nutmeg. Purée. Add yogurt and whirl just until blended.
Pour into paper cups or popsicle containers. If using paper cups, set on a tray and freeze about 45 minutes. Then insert wooden sticks, mixture should be frozen enough that stick will stand on its own. Continue to freeze until firm, a couple of hours.
To serve, remove from freezer and let stand a few minutes. If using paper cups, peel off paper and enjoy.