California Dreamin’ Chicken Taco with Peach Slaw
- 8 servings
- ¼ cup (50 ml) mayonnaise, light or regular
- ¼ cup (50 ml) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) California Cling peach halves, in fruit juice or light syrup
- 2 cups (500 ml) packaged coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
- ¼ cup (50 ml) chopped coriander
- 4 skinless boneless chicken cutlets
- 2 tsp (10 ml) TexMex seasoning
- 8 large taco shells or small flour tortillas
- Hot sauce for serving, optional
*If barbecue is not available, sauté chicken fillets, turning once, in a large saucepan with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil until cooked through (approx. 6 to 8 mins. depending on thickness of chicken).
In a bowl, stir mayonnaise with yogurt, lime juice, garlic, salt and cayenne. Grease grill and preheat barbecue to medium-high.
Drain peaches well and chop. Place in a bowl along with slaw, coriander and half the mayo mixture. Stir.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with TexMex seasoning and a pinch of salt if there isn’t any in the seasoning mix. Set on barbecue and grill turning halfway through until cooked, 4 to 6 minutes in total. Thinly slice.
To assemble, warm shells, then add chicken to shells, drizzle with a bit of remaining mayo mixture and hot sauce, if using. Then top with slaw.