Best Chicken Salad Stuffed Florida Tomato Crowns
- 4 servings
Courtesy of the Florida Tomato Committee
- 4 medium sized fresh Florida Tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain low fat yogurt
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken, cooked, shredded and chilled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely diced celery
- ½ cup (125 mL) carrots, small diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Rinse tomatoes under cold running water and pat dry with clean paper towels. With a sharp serrated knife, slice off the top part of the tomato. Turn tomato over and make 4 to 5 slices, working around the tomato and being careful not to slice all the way down through the tomato. Set tomatoes aside.
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all remaining ingredients. Taste chicken salad and adjust seasoning with the kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Using a fork, carefully spread each tomato open to form a bowl. Fill with one-quarter of chicken salad mixture. Repeat with remaining tomatoes.