Wonderful Pistachios Cake with Yogurt and Winter Citrus
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- 8 servings
- 1¼ cups (310 ml) shelled Wonderful PistachiosRoasted & Salted
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml+) nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar,
- plus 1 tablespoon(15 ml)
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 oranges, segmented, ½ cup
- juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- 2 cups (500 ml) vanilla yogurt
- Garnish with shelled Wonderful PistachiosRoasted & Salted, coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 325°F (175 °C). Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
Whisk together sifted all-purpose flour, baking powder, and nutmeg in a bowl. Set aside.
Combine ¼ cup (60 ml) of Wonderful Pistachios and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of sugar in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Remove from food processor and set aside.
Pulse remaining 1 cup (250 ml) Wonderful Pistachios until finely chopped and some pea-sized pieces remain.
Beat butter and 1 cup (250 ml) sugar in bowl of an electric mixer. Add the vanilla extract, then the eggs one at a time, beating to incorporate in mixture between each egg.
Beat for 1 minute after adding the last egg so the mixture is light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until incorporated then stir in pulsed Wonderful Pistachios by hand.
Spread batter evenly in the prepared cake pan and sprinkle the finely processed sugar and Wonderful Pistachios crumb mixture on top. Bake for about 1 hour and 20minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan, then gently remove.
Combine reserved orange juice and honey for glaze in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and cool.
Top cake with dollops of yogurt then orange segments. Garnish generously with extra coarsely chopped Wonderful Pistachios and drizzle glaze over entire cake.