Peanut-Crusted Oven “Fried” Fish
- 10 minutes
- 4 Serves
This oven method is healthier and easier than frying fish. Serve with a side of your favourite vegetables, steamed green beans or peas, and cooked rice for a well-balanced meal.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 lb (500 g) skinless boneless firm white fish fillet (halibut, cod or haddock), cut into 4 equal pieces
- 228 calories,
- 20 g protein,
- 12 g fat,
- 9.9 g carbohydrates
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). On a plate, combine flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. In a shallow bowl, beat egg with water. In a shallow baking dish, combine peanuts and bread crumbs.
Dip fish in flour mixture, then egg mixture, then peanut mixture. Place fish on a baking sheet.
Bake in centre of oven for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until golden on outside and fish flakes easily when pierced with a fork.