Medjool Date Honey Glazed Shrimp
- 8 servings
Courtesy of Natural Delights Medjool Dates
- 4 Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mango purée*
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely grated fresh peeled ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garlic powder
- 2 lbs (1 kg) large shrimp, peeled & deveined (16 to 20 shrimp)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Frozen mango chunks work really well; simply purée 3 or 4 pieces in a blender.
Per serving (2 shrimp):
- 201 calories,
- 5g fat,
- 281mg sodium,
- 13g carbohydrate,
- 1 g fibre,
- 27g protein.
In a food processor, purée Medjool dates with water until paste-like in consistency. Place in a large bowl. Stir in mango purée, ginger, lemon juice, honey and garlic powder. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Marinate, refrigerated, for 1 hour.
In a large frying pan set over medium, heat oil. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.