Marinated Tofu in Peanut Sauce
- 40 minutes
- 4 Serves
This mouth-watering marinated tofu will satisfy any vegetarian, and their tastebuds too!
- 1 pack of rice noodles
- 2 packs of extra-firm tofu
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts
- ¼ cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh ginger, grated
- mint leaves, to garnish
- ¼ cup (60 mL) coconut milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mirin
- 1½ cm piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) brown sugar
Cook rice noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
Place the radishes, turnip and bean sprouts in a bowl. Add soy sauce and ginger, and toss to combine.
To make the peanut sauce, place all ingredients in blender and blend until completely mixed.
Arrange rice noodles and tofu on your serving plates. Top with vegetables and peanut sauce, then garnish with mint leaves to serve.