- 1 serving
The classic flavours of a Margherita pizza are used in our easy-to-put-together omelet
Courtesy of the California Tomato Farmers
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- Pinch of salt and grinding of black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1 California Roma Tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced basil leaves
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with water, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a 9 inch (23 cm) non-stick frying pan over medium.
Pour in egg mixture. As mixture begins to set around edges, using a spatula, gently push set edges towards centre. Tilt pan and let uncooked egg mixture run onto pan.
When egg is nearly set, about two minutes, cover half with tomatoes, followed by cheeses then basil. Fold unfilled side over filling and slide finished omelette on to a plate.