Watermelon Jamaican Rock Lobster Tacos
- 4 tacos
Courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board
You don’t have to order lobster out to enjoy a fabulous meal. Try this chic, casual take on fish tacos.
- 4 rock lobster tails, cooked
- 2 cups (500 ml) cubed watermelon (½ inch/1 cm cubes)
- 2 avocados peeled, cut into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes
- 2 papayas cut into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh, coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) jerk seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 oz (30 g) shredded coconut
Cut lobster tails in half lengthwise, remove vein, and cut into ½ inch (1 cm) slices.
Combine lobster with watermelon, avocado, papaya, and cilantro. Pour lime juice into small bowl and slowly whisk in honey. Add jerk seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over lobster mixture and refrigerate one hour, stirring occasionally.
To serve, place in soft taco shells on a bed of shredded lettuce and sprinkle with coconut.