Ginger Beef Potstickers
- 26 Popstickers
The perfect side with a stir fry or a scrumptious hors d’oeuvre for the holiday season. Coupled with a zesty peanut dipping sauce, these delicious dumplings won’t stick around for long!
- 1 pkg (400 g) small egg roll wrappers (3-in/8-cm squares)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut oil
- 8 oz (250 g) lean ground beef or pork
- ¼ cup (60 mL) salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) smooth peanut butter
For two potstickers with dip:
- 141 calories,
- 8.7 g fat (3.1 g monounsaturated),
- 6.2 g protein,
- 9.5 g carbohydrates.
In small microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic, chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and peanut butter. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth.
In bowl, stir together beef, peanuts, green onion, ginger, salt and 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the dipping sauce. Place 2 tsp (10 mL) of the filling in the centre of a wonton wrapper. Wet edges with water. Fold wrapper in half to enclose filling, pressing edges together to stick. Set on work surface seam side up; pleat seam and press potsticker gently into work surface so it will stand flat with pleated side up. Repeat with remaining filling.
In large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil over medium heat. Add half the dumplings, pinched side up. Add enough water so dumplings are three quarters covered, about 1 cup (250 mL). Cover pan and cook over high heat for 6 minutes or until water evaporates. Uncover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until bottoms are golden and crisp. Transfer potstickers to a serving dish. Repeat with remaining oil and potstickers. Serve warm with remaining dipping sauce.