Curried Orange Chicken Naan Sandwiches
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
Tender chicken simmers in this Florida orange juice and curry sauce mixture so it absorbs all the flavour. The fresh crunch of spinach is the perfect match for the chicken in the tender naan bread. A great new lunch idea or perfect for a light dinner with soup or salad.
Courtesy of the Florida Department of Citrus
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz (375 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (about 2 breasts)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each ground coriander and turmeric
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Florida orange juice
- ¼ cup (50 mL) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mango chutney
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 large naan breads
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
Use 4 Greek pita breads or smaller naan bread in place of the large size naan.
In skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until starting to soften.
Add chicken, curry powder, coriander and turmeric; cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Whisk cornstarch into Florida orange juice and add to skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Remove from heat and stir in yogurt, coriander, chutney, salt and pepper.
Spread mixture over 1 naan bread and top with spinach. Top with other naan and cut in quarters to serve.