Baby Spinach, Chicken and Tomato Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 4 servings
If you don’t have left over chicken, use a cooked deli chicken from the supermarket for this main course salad.
Courtesy of the California Tomato Farmers
- 6 cups (1.5 L) lightly packed baby spinach
- 2 cups (500 mL) bite-size pieces cooked chicken
- 2 California Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each liquid honey and Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Grinding of black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
Place spinach in a large bowl. Add chicken, tomatoes and avocado. Gently toss.
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar with honey, Dijon, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil. Toss with spinach mixture.