Savoury Sweet Potato Apple Soup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large peeled, diced apple
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) salt
- 2-3 (10-15 mL) tsp curry powder
- 1-¾ cups (450 mL) vegetable broth
- 1-¾ cups (450 mL) unsweetened apple juice
- 2 large peeled, cooked and mashed American sweet potatoes
- 1 (100 g) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 4-6 fresh sprigs of cilantro
- pecans or chopped red pepper (optional)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Serving Size: 4 servings
Cook and stir until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
Add broth and apple juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
Add mashed sweet potato and with an immersion blender or food processor mix ingredients until smooth.
Bring to a second boil over medium heat; whisk in yogurt. Reheat just until hot (do not boil).
Serve topped with cilantro, apple slice, pecans or chopped red pepper if desired.