Lime and Ginger Carrot Soup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 cups (1 L) diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) freshly squeezed Sunkist® lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 cup (250 ml) freshly squeezed Sunkist Valencia orange juice (about 1 – 3 oranges)
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth or vegetable stock
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 – 45 minutes
Serving Size: 4 servings
Heat olive oil in a 3-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add fresh ginger and coriander and stir in for 30 seconds. Add freshly squeezed Sunkist lime and Valencia orange juices and broth.
Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered about 20 – 30 minutes, until carrots are tender.
Remove pan from heat and in small batches, carefully puree soup in a blender until smooth.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with a touch of sour cream or dollop with Greek yogurt for a creamy finish.
For a fun garnish, top each serving with curls of rainbow carrot.