Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Feta and Mint
Refreshing, sweet and savoury. Try this crowd-pleasing, six-ingredient watermelon salad from Vancouver blogger Samantha who runs My Kitchen Love! Samantha has three young daughters and her mission is to “make everyday family meals extraordinary”. Check out her blog to hear what she recently learned by attending this year’s Canadian Produce Marketing Association Show.
- 1 mini seedless watermelon, rind removed and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium long English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 75 grams feta cheese, crumbled (around 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint**
- Add watermelon and cucumber to a large bowl or serving dish. Toss to combine.
- Top with feta and drizzle all over with lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and garnish with mint.
- Serve immediately or placed covered in refrigerator for up to 2 hours (any longer and the watermelon will release too much liquid).
*don’t have any limes in the fridge? Lemons work here too. We do prefer watermelon and lime together, but don’t let 1 tbsp of lime juice hold you back.
*dill is a wonderful replacement if you don’t have any mint or your family doesn’t like it.