Sweet Potato Burrito Bowl
Makes 4 servings
1 can (341 mL) whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
1 can (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups (500 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
½ onion, diced
1/2 jalapeno, diced
1 cup of freshly minced cilantro
1 clove of garlic, minced
juice of 2-3 limes
salt and pepper to taste
3 American sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1-2 tsp ground cumin
4 cups (1 L) of cooked quinoa or rice
sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, avocado
For the salsa:
- Place corn, bean, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, juice, garlic and sea salt into a large mixing bowl and toss until well combined.
- Adjust salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
- Let sit for about 10-15 mins to let flavours combine.
For the burrito bowl:
- Preheat the oven to 425oF degrees. (200oC)
- Place sweet potato cubes in a large ziplock bag, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cumin. Seal the bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 mins or until edges are golden brown.
- Serve on quinoa or rice with layers of salsa and sweet potato.