- 12 ounces linguine pasta (3/4 of a 1 lb. box)
- 1 Olive oil (as needed)
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/10 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Sunkist® lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 2-inch pieces of fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh Sunkist lemon zest
- 1/2 cup peas (shelled fresh peas or thawed frozen peas)
- 1 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 Salt and freshly ground black pepper (as needed)
- 1 Garnish: Sunkist Lemon wedges
Cooking time: 25
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large shallow pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the mushrooms about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté 30 seconds more.
- Add the clam juice, freshly squeezed Sunkist® lemon juice, and wine and simmer to reduce to 1/4 of the original volume, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream, then add the asparagus, bell pepper, shrimp, and Sunkist lemon zest and cook until shrimp is pink, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in peas and cooked pasta.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons chives.
- Serve the pasta on and sprinkle with the remaining chives and garnish with lemon wedges.
– See more at: https://www.sunkist.com/recipes/shrimp-vegetable-pasta-with-light-lemon-cream-sauce/?doing_wp_cron=1483884096.6537709236145019531250#sthash.XzrJ2Bzm.dpuf