U.S. Apple Export Council
The U.S. Apple Export Council (USAEC) is a trade association representing 11 apple producing states in the U.S., accounting for nearly 40% of the total U.S. apple production with New York, Michigan, California, Pennsylvania, Virginia and New England being the largest producers. Our member states collaborate to generically promote apples in foreign markets.
In Canada, the California varieties Gala, Fuji, Cripps Pink (Pink Lady) and Granny Smith are the most frequently promoted.
- California Gala apples have a fine, sweet taste that is fresh, fruity, and full of apple flavour;
- California Fuji apples are remarkably tasty with 16% to 18% sugar content and a taste just bursting with sweet, juicy flavour;
- California Granny Smith apples offer a delicious combination of tart, sweet favour and crisp texture that’s like a perfect autumn day;
- California Fuji apples have a round shape and are generally large to extra large in size and range in colour from golden-hued to red and often show a red striping or blush; and
- California Cripps Pink (Pink Lady) boasts a bold hot pink colour and is shaped like a Golden Delicious with a unique sweet-tart flavour and is very crunchy.